Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Kids

just bought this book and i haven't been able to put it down. i'm so intrigued with her path through life. her words are deep and poetic. here are a few short paragraphs that i love, just to give you a taste. 

" i suspected my soul, being mischievous, might slip away while i was dreaming and fail to return. i did my best not to fall asleep, to keep it inside of me where it belonged."

"but nature with all her force would have the final word. the irony that i, who never wanted to be a girl nor grow up, would be faced with this trial did not escape me. i was humbled by nature."

"she was the one who gave me the last piece of encouragement, a thief's good-luck sign. i accepted the grant of the small white purse as the hand of fate pushing me on."

"i was superstitious. today was a monday; i was born on a monday. it was a good day to arrive in new york city. no one expected me. everything awaited me."

No comments:

Post a Comment